Lakeview Park

The oldest park in Nampa covers 44 acres on what used to be a homestead dating back to 1888. This is the origin of the name, which refers to a man-made reservoir that used to be on the property. The lake is long gone, but the name remains, along with the creek that fed it. As well as beautiful mature trees, a rose garden and ample, lush lawns, there’s a ton of facilities at Lakeview Park.

To name a few, you’ve got areas for baseball/softball, soccer, basketball, as well as a pool, bike trail, horseshoe pits, picnic shelters, a duck pond, volleyball court and amphitheater. The pool, which has beach entry, is suited to smaller swimmers and complemented by lots of splash pad water features. Lorain County Metro Parks’ first lakeside recreational park, Lakeview Park, offers 20 acres along the north side of West Erie Avenue in Lorain, Ohio. This nearby neighborhood park, known for its Historical Rose Garden, spectacular sunsets and views of the Lorain Lighthouse, hosts a variety of recreational opportunities awaiting visitors of all ages, from swimming and sunbathing, to lawn bowling, beach volleyball, picnicking and much more!  

In the early 1900’s, Lorain was a city on Lake Erie with no lake front property for the public to enjoy. Corporations, railways, and private land owners were gobbling up any lake front property that was available. Afraid that the public would eventually be isolated from the lakeshore, Lorain City officials started looking into purchasing land. What they found was 42 acres on the north and south sides of West Erie Avenue, which is now known as Lakeview Park. The Rose Garden at Lakeview Park was originally dedicated on May 30, 1932 and was sponsored by 17 community organizations, including the Lorain Rotary. The shape of the garden, a wheel with 8 spokes, is the Rotary Club emblem. Approximately 2,500 roses are planted in 48 beds with connecting walkways, completing the Rotary wheel and spokes.

Learn more about Vizcaya Winery

Learn more here