Are you looking for help with nutrition? At Healthy Habits Wellness Clinic provide individualized nutritional coaching to help you create a true lifestyle change and put an end to the yo-yo dieting of the past. Our Nutrition Coach will guide you along the road to success, with freedom from guilt and denial, by providing a sustainable plan to help you lose the weight and keep it off for good.
We also maintain a very positive approach to weight loss and total wellness. We believe that having healthy habits also includes a healthy mental attitude and you will always be greeted with positive attitudes and lots of encouragement.
At each meeting with your nutrition coach, we will assess your past weeks results, set new goals, and assist with strategies for upcoming situations. We will address your individual needs to help you stay on track. You will receive the encouragement and support you need to continue to make these permanent lifestyle changes.
10 Health Tips from Healthy Habits Wellness Clinic
- Maintain a Healthy Weight – Excess weight, especially around the abdomen, increases your risk of health problems. Maintain a healthy weight and you will look and feel better, and have more
- Drink Enough Water – Good hydration is the foundation of good health. The body is, on average, 60% water, and every system in your body depends on water. Stay hydrated.
- Eat More Leafy Greens – Leafy greens are the foods most missing in modern diets. They are nutrient dense and are one of the richest sources of vitamins and fiber.
- Include Quality Protein Daily – Protein provides the structural core of the body. It helps stabilize blood sugar, promotes cell growth and repair, assists in hormone production, cell metabolism, fluid balance, and immune system maintenance.
- Eat Whole Grains Instead of Processed Foods – Whole grains such as brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and oats are an excellent source of nutrition. Because the body absorbs slowly, they provide sustained and high-quality energy.
- Use Healthy Oils – Olive oil has the highest percentage of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat of any edible oil, and contains a high level of anti-oxidants. Other examples of healthy oils are coconut, walnut, and flax seed oil, as well as raw nuts and seeds, avocado, olives, and organic butter.
- Move Your Body – Movement aids many of our body’s natural functions, such as digestion and circulation and can boost the immune system, strengthen muscles and improve heart and lung function.
- Manage Your Stress – Negative stress impacts our health in many ways, including weakening the body’s overall immunity. Find ways to calm an overactive mind and body that work for you and your lifestyle.
- Eat Mindfully – Instead of eating mindlessly while working on the computer, watching TV, or when on the run, slow down and chew well. Notice when you have had enough, rather than waiting until you are too full.
- Keep a Positive Attitude – Thoughts and feelings have very powerful biochemical reactions within the body. Positivity can lead to good emotional health and negativity can have adverse effects